On a night like December 31, staying home and curating your own soiree can be as alluring, if not more so, than going out. If this is your path, after the guest list is settled, New Year’s Eve cocktail recipes should be next on your list. Is it possible to make a concoction that guests will love, and that won’t be daunting to create? We posed this question to some of our favorite spirit gurus. Here are three New Year’s Eve Cocktail recipes (that even you can manage). Cheers to a Happy New Year.
Candied Orange Boulevardier
- 1 ½ ounce rye or bourbon
- ¾ ounce Campari
- ¾ ounce sweet vermouth
- To a mixing glass filled with ice, add all ingredients. Stir for 30-40 revolutions. Strain into a chilled coupe glass; garnish with a candied orange round.
- 1.5 Beehive Jack Rabbit Gin
- .75 Fresh Lemon
- .75 Raspberry Syrup
- Shaken, Coupe, Up, Raspberry Garnish
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine raspberries, sugar and water in a pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Perfectly Pink Punch
- 1 bottle Distillery 36 Spiced Rum
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 24 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- Juice of 3 fresh grapefruits and two oranges
- 6 oz cranberry orange simple syrup
- Grate fresh cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- Combine and refrigerate for 6 hours. Serve over ice and top with grapefruit sparkling water. Garnish with grapefruit, cranberries, and a fresh sprig of rosemary
Photos by Darby Doyle
For more delicious cocktail recipes, check out the winners of Salt Lake Magazine’s 2021 cocktail competition!